Thursday, April 24, 2014

I Know My Worth: Part Two




By Marci Preece
Also featured on Just An Average Mormon

Did you read Part One? Find it here


In part one I spoke about our worth - that we are all daughters of God who have worth based on God's love for us and not on the world's. We have a Savior who loves us as well and suffered for us so that we can return to Heavenly Father. He thought we were worth it!

As for us and our own feelings of self-worth, there are two important parts that we need to understand and today I will share the first.

--------------------------------

I have a five year old daughter. She is vibrant, imaginative, eager to learn and to love. She brightens our family every day.

And I love her more than I could ever say.

But I am scared. I know all too well what she will face as she grows. Peer pressure, self-doubt, and fear will be just a few. And because of this, I am continually reminding her that I love her. That she is beautiful, smart, and talented. That she can do hard things. 

I hope that if I am constantly telling her these words and showing her that I believe them through my actions, that maybe as she grows it will keep her confidence a bit stronger and her worries not as deep.

Know That God Loves You.

Just as I am eager to tell my daughter of her worth and importance, our Father in Heaven wants to tell us as well.
We are His children. He loves us more deeply than we can imagine. He knows all elements of our existence more thoroughly than we ever could for ourselves or our own families.

He wants to tell us of His love. He wants to tell us that we are beautiful, smart, and talented. He wants to help us do hard things.

So how do we find this out? How do we know that God loves us?

God is all around us. And if you are seeking for His love, you will find it. Pray to feel His love and I promise that the Lord will answer. Perhaps not in the way you imagined or at the time you want it, but God will bless you with a knowledge of your immense worth and the love He has for you, His child. For "the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." (Romans 5:5)

I have had very sweet moments when I have felt His love. I hold those moments sacred because of the knowledge and greater understanding I received concerning my relationship with my Heavenly Father. And those moments when you feel God's love do not have to be sparse. I feel His love every day. I feel it as I read the scriptures. I feel it as I pray. I feel His love as I look around me and recognize the incredible blessings that God has given me.

Have you felt it? Do you know that God loves you? 

If not, find out! It will change your life. Your understanding of your worth will grow and blossom as you feel the love of God.

(And take a minute to watch this video from President Uchtdorf that fits along with this message. It's wonderful!)





No comments:

Post a Comment